Four days of Fun in Florida

This past week Chris and I snuck away for a semi long-weekend in our fave quick getaway spot, sunny Florida.
We spent Wednesday through Saturday there at the Best Western hotel in downtown Disney.
Although check in time was 3, our hotel wasn’t ready yet so the front desk woman told us to return in half an hour. When we did, it STILL wasn’t ready and when they called to see when it would be, the housekeeping dept. gave them a snotty response saying they had no idea when.

We returned again at 4: 15 and the room was STILL not ready. At this point we just wanted to lay down, so we asked if any other rooms were available that we could switch to? After checking 10 floors and still finding nothing, the front desk woman was nice enough to offer us one of the nicer, business suites at no extra charge–she felt bad because the room should have been ready a long time ago. That was nice of her.

Wednesday evening we grabbed some iced mocha’s downtown at Ghirardelli’s and snagged some salads at Earl of Sandwich. we saw the movie “Charlie Bartlett”, which was very good. The main character reminded us of a Ferris Bueller type guy (Bueller? anyone?).

Thursday we spent at our favorite little hideaway beach, Clementine. The weather was warm and mild, and we napped in the sun. The rain and thunderstorms were nice enough to hold off until that evening. Since the weather was too lousy to do anything else, we caught another movie, “Be Kind Rewind”. It was hilarious, we loved it.

Unfortunately when we got home that night poor Chris got food poisoning! I felt terrible seeing him so miserable.
We were hoping to go to the Magic Kingdom on our last full day, Friday, but alas no Mickey… the poor hubby was bedridden and looked like death warmed over the whole day (I’m sure he felt like it too). We did get a chance to take a couple of short walks (it was a very warm 85 and sunny) and I caught up on some reading. Poor Chris caught up on sleep…

By the time Saturday rolled around we were bummed because, as always, it went by too darn fast. I came down with a bad head cold, but I’ll take that over food poisoning!The weather was cold and windy which was depressing, but made it easier to leave. We had a turbulent flight home due to windy conditions but we made it in once peace, and by each other’s side.

I just felt lucky to spend a few quiet days in the sun, just me and Chris.

For the most part the weather cooperated…even if our bodies didn’t!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.